Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wetlands Birthday card

I love the Wetlands stamp set from Stampin'Up! and watercolors. Here's a card using Aqua Painters to give the card a great watercolor look.  You can make this card on Saturday at my card class, see my calendar HERE. Please RSVP to attend.
 
Every card will look a little different because of the watercolor. The Wetlands stamp set (available in CLEAR or WOOD) has beautiful images, just perfect for watercolor, and you'll love the all-purpose greetings too.  Here's a few steps to show how it all came together.
 I used Island Indigo, Pool Party and Soft Suede inks with the Aqua Painters.
Use the lid of the ink with a couple of drops of refill ink, and an Aqua Painter.
Work quickly and do not use a lot of water, it will make the paper curl.  Give it a couple of minutes to dry.  Or use a Heat Tool on low setting to help it dry quickly.  Do not go back over the colors, it can make it look muddy.
After I stamped the goose, I used a mask so I could stamp the grass to make it look like it was behind the goose.
Remove the mask and add a greeting. Then color in the goose.  Markers work great for coloring in the goose.  If you do not want to background colors to show through, you could also stamp another goose, color it and cut out to put on top.  
Put the card layers together and you're done.
Here's a card from a card swap months ago.  My friend Gina brought this idea, and we all got to make the card.  It reminded me how much I like using the Aqua Painters, and inspired my card.

Wetlands stamp set (available in CLEAR or WOOD)


Stamp the inside too!
------------------------------
Do you like a sale?  
There are great deals on the Stampin'Up! Weekly Deals, plus right now you can save on some of the Stampin'Up! Retiring Products too.  
Retiring products will only be available until June 2, or while supplies last!
*Note: Due to high demand for retiring stamps, we'll keep producing retiring stamps until May 26 (not accessories-accessories are only while supplies last)
Retiring Lists are updated daily to show availability.  

------------------------------

Order online here or contact me to place your order. 

There are so many ways to enjoy Stampin'Up!  Shop, host or join.  
Contact me with questions or to order, order online HERE, and join my group too!  
I would love to stamp with you.  



Stampin'Up! SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or host a party! 

Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...