Sunday, March 15, 2015

CASEd Birthday Cards at Card Class

Finally, I have pictures to share from last weekends card class!  We had so much fun making these cards at class, and you know what?  I CASEd all 3 of them!  Yep, I saw really cute ideas from other Stampin'Up! demonstrators and copied them to share at class.  Sometimes I love making my own ideas, and other times I love to copy. 

Want to come to a class and make fun cards?  I'm in the Denver area and would love to see you at a class.  Contact me to attend, or check my calendar HERE.

What is CASE?  Copy And Share Everything.  I love to CASE other people's ideas, it's a form of flattery to copy things you like.  Plus, I love stamping, but I cannot come up with original ideas all the time.  Sometimes I just want to copy someone else's great idea.  You can do it too!  Just remember to give credit to those when you copy.  I have listed the great people I copied from below.  Hope you enjoy.

All 3 of the original cards I copied can be found on one of my Pinterest Boards - SU 2015 Occasions & SAB.  See them all there, and so many more fun ideas too.
CASEd Birthday Cards from Birthday Card Class

This great card came from Dawn Olchefske. I loved it so much, the colors, the look, the fun way she folded the card.  

Fun Fold Measurements for my card:
Crisp Cantaloupe card stock 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 2-1/8" and 4-1/4"
Finished size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
Whisper White 4" x 5-1/4"

Other supplies used:
Calypso Coral Ink Pad, Stampin' Markers:  Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper (SAB free item), Big ShotLabels Collection FramelitsBaker's TwineRhinestonesDimensionals

This great card idea came from Caroline van de Straaten Onafhankelijk.  I changed the colors on this card, but earlier I made a card pretty similar to hers. Here's a link to Carol's other CASEd card.  I found this great idea on Pinterest.com.  You can follow me on Pinterest too!

Instead of my Big Shot I used the Texture Boutique Machine with my embossing folder.  It's a quick and easy way to add texture to your projects. And how do you line up the leaves with the flowers in this 2-step stamping set?  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!  It's a must-have for any stamper!  It helps you position the stamp image exactly where you want it, every time.  

Supplies used:
Painted Petals stamp set (available in Wood, Clear and Photopolymer stamps), And Many More stamp set, Whisper White and Blackberry Bliss card stock, Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive Inks, Texture Boutique MachineModern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 2-1/2" Circle PunchBlackberry Bliss 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon, Silver Baker's TwinePearls, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Dimensionals

Fun Fold Tri-Panel Card
This fun card came from Amy Whelan. I saw it on Pinterest (see where I get a lot of my ideas) and had to check her blog for more information.  Amy did a really cute card with hot air balloons, but I didn't have that stamp set. I did have the papers and colors she used though.  I do love balloons and I have Birthday Bash.  So I followed her directions on the fun fold she did and improvised on some of the rest.  
I guess I was still on a roll with the framelits that Dawn used on the card above, so I used different framelits on this card. I wanted something that would fit inside my frame, so I played with the different sizes in the Window Frames Collection Framelits. For the banner, I stamped Celebrate banner in Calypso Coral ink on scrap Whisper White and hand cut.  Then I used Dimensionals to pop it up on the Coastal Cabana stamped image.
It's hard to see in the photos, but the White Framelit is glued to the card, I did not do a special cut to get it all on one piece of paper.  

Fun Fold Tri-Panel Card Measurments:
Whisper White card stock 10-3/8" x 5-1/2", score at 2-1/4" and 6-3/8"
Fold and close card, mine is 4-1/16" (Amy made her's so the balloons can hang out, I ended up not doing that, but it fits great in the envelope!)
Coastal Cabana card stock 3-3/4" x 5-1/4"
     (textured with Decorative Dots Embossing Folder)
Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (SAB free item) 2" x 5-1/4"

Other Supplies used:
Birthday Bash stamp set, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry Ink, Big ShotWindow Frames Collection FramelitsBaker's TwineRhinestonesDimensionals



Well, that was a lot of information, but the cards were so fun.  If you are interested in purchasing your own supplies...Shop Stampin'Up! Online HERE.  


Get free Sale-a-Bration products with a qualified order - ends March 31st!
  • Choose one with a $50 order
  • Choose two with a $100 order
  • Choose three with a $150 order  (HOSTESS BENEFITS, see it all HERE)
    • Plus get $25 in Stampin' Rewards
  • Choose 5 with a $250 order
    • Plus get $40 in Stampin' Rewards
    • AND $25 SAB Bonus for a total of $65 in Stampin' Rewards - wow!!
2015 Sale-a-Bration #dostamping #stampinup
VIEW: Sale-a-Bration Brochure (10 choices)
VIEW: Sale-a-Bration PDF (4 NEW choices)

Right now, during Sale-a-Bration(SAB) when you order $50 in product you can pick a free SAB item with your purchase.  So order some paper, a stamp set or any other Stampin'Up! products and pick a free SAB item too. 

So SHOPHOST or JOIN. Any way you look at it you can get free products!You'll receive a FREE Sale-a-Bration item for every $50 of product you buy -- from January 6th - March 31, 2015. There are so many ways to get SAB rewards.  
Contact me with questions or to order, order online HERE, and join my group too!  I would love to stamp with you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to have an online party?  Or get together and stamp?  Contact me to set it up!  Let's have fun together!  
Contact me with any questions or to order, plus you can Order online HERE.  

Stampin'Up! SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or host a party! 


Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...