Sunday, July 27, 2014

Corner Garden card

Here is a close up look at one of the cards from my card class on Saturday.  I love the new Corner Garden stamp set in the Stampin'Up! annual catalog.  It's a great background stamp that you can do so much with.  Available in Clear $13.95, or Wood $17.95.
I got this idea from Andrea Van Sambeck at Tara's July Shoebox Swap, thanks for a fun idea.  

Have you ever used a background stamp?  
When I first used one many years ago (I've been doing this for over 8 years), I didn't know how to use them correctly.  But Lisa came to my rescue and helped me!  So first you want to put the stamp down rubber side up and ink your stamp like the picture.  So much easier than trying to stamp all over your ink pad and not knowing if you got it all covered.  
Then carefully place your card stock on the stamp, and use a scrap paper over the top.  DON'T move the card stock while you do this! Gently rub all over on the paper so the ink is transferred to the card stock.  Carefully lift your card stock and paper off the stamp.  You should have a great image!  
For this card the next step is cutting along the image.  Nothing exact, make it whimsical.  
Now use your adhesive to glue the image to the card front, and cut again.  
The last step for me was coloring in some of the centers of the flowers.  It's a fun and easy card.

Happy Stamping!!

Tammie


Paper Pumpkin Kits — fun in a box!
Visit mypaperpumpkin.com to receive a fun kit every month for only $19.95 (plus tax). 
See more on my blog post about Paper Pumpkin HERE.  Plus right now get 50% off two months on the month-to-month subscriptions for new subscribers!  Use the code HALFOFF2 to save!!


Stampin'Up! has great SPECIALS
Check out special Stampin'Up! promotions online anytime.
Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or host a party! Order supplies online anytime... CLICK HERE

Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...