Friday, September 14, 2012

Shoebox swap cards

While I was at the Stampin'Up! Convention in July I got together with some friends to do a shoebox swap.  It was fun to make everyone else's cards and have time to talk.  Mine had a lot of Big Shot work, so I did all the dies at home and brought them.  Because of that, it was really fast to put together.  I just didn't have room to pack my Big Shot and punches for that evening.  So that leads me to the timing.  Yes, we had a bit of a contest to see who could put the card together the fastest.  Barb won!
Can you make a card in under 2 minutes?  Barb can, she did it in 1:41.1.  Yes, that's 1 minute, 41.1 seconds!  That's impressive.
Here are all the beautiful cards we made for our shoebox swap.  Everyone had wonderful ideas to share, and I am so happy to have made all these fun cards.  
Thanks to Crista Bailey, Barbara Amberg, Kate Amberg, Jeane Havey, Jan Myers, Glenda Timkovich, and Jean Williams for all the fun projects we made.  And thank you Crista for organizing this fun time!  Love you all and thank you for including me in the fun.  

Here's a LINK to a digital scrapbook page I created with photos of friends in an earlier post.  
Here's the LINK to my butterfly card from the shoebox swap.

I had a problem at convention thought, my camera stopped working on Thursday afternoon that week, but I didn't know it was not saving all the photos I was taking. I continued to take photos through Saturday evening, thinking everything was fine.  It seemed fine to me, until I got home.  They weren't there!  Hundreds of photos, gone!  That was the bad news.   

I did use my phone to take a few photos, so there are a few here and there, like the photo of Barb with her wining time of 1:41.1.  But when it comes to taking photos of the boards and lots of project ideas, I did it all with my camera.  
It was sad to realized how many 100's of photos I didn't have.  Did I mention I really like taking pictures?  I took a lot of pictures!  

The good news was I have some great demonstrator friends! 
They have shared some wonderful photos with me when they heard about my camera.  Now I really need to finish my make and take projects to show.  Thank you girls for coming through in my moment of need!!!!  You are all wonderful!

Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or have a party! 

See all the Stampin'Up! promotions CLICK HERE 
Order supplies online anytime by CLICKING HERE
Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...