Thursday, July 26, 2012

Convention 2012 I am Savvy class

Classes were so fun and helpful at the Stampin'Up! Convention 2012!  I loved the "I am Savvy" class because it dealt so much with the products and had some many fun and cute ideas.
Donna Griffith started off the class and talked about product coordination.  I love how so many things coordinate with the Stampin'Up! products, but I still need reminding at times, so this was great!  
Then Dawn Griffith showed us some fun ideas using ribbon.  I love ribbon, but sometimes I am not sure what to do with it.  One of the ideas I liked was ribbon flowers, she used the new Jumbo Sticky Rounds (Holiday catalog page 31, #127852), tie a knot at the end of the ribbon, start in the center and twist it as you work your way out.  It makes beautiful flowers!  You could use strips of fabric for this idea too.  Plus she showed us the cutest spider for Halloween (from the Tricky Treats stamp set, page 28 main catalog). I hope I can figure out how to make it after watching her!  Sorry the photo is not better.  I took this one off the big screen while she did the demonstration.
Laura Milligan did a great job showing us some projects with the Stampin'Up! Fabrics.  She made these great scissor holders for our Paper Snips (page 180, #103579), both used the Dresden Designer Bigz L die, but one was sewn and one was not.  Since I am not much of a sewer, I think I will try that way first.  But I loved how she showed us two ways!
Then Laura showed us some fun bags and even cards to go with the bags.  I just love all the great patterns for the fabric!  She also showed us how to make some great cozies for your drinks.  Here is one of the bag and card samples, so cute!
Simply Sent kits are a great way to make and quick projects, Meg Wheeler showed some great ideas using different kits.  The new Noel Notes Simply Sent kits (Holiday catalog, page 17, #127884) are perfect for cards, or a photo card for your holiday cards. They even make great place cards for your holiday parties. Check out these fun samples from the class.
All the Convention 2012 classes were great, and thanks to Donna Griffith, Meg Wheeler, Dawn Griffith and Laura Milligan this was another wonderful class full of inspiration.  Hope you enjoy all these ideas!  I know I did!

Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or have a party! 

See all the Stampin'Up! promotions CLICK HERE 
Order supplies online anytime by CLICKING HERE
Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...