Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rhinestone Jewels

I have to share this idea with you all.  A friend and downline, Jeanne, told me the other day you can color the Rhinestone Jewels with a Sharpie marker.  How cool is that, now you can take those beautiful gems and make them any color you want!  I loved the idea so much I made a card right away. Plus we colored the jewels at the card class this past weekend.



First off did you know we even had Rhinestone Jewels in the Stampin'Up! catalog?  They are so fun, and you get a great deal too.  Page 188 of the Idea Book and Catalog, Jewels...
     119246  Basic Rhinestones (150)  $4.95
     119247  Basic Pearls (150)  $4.95

You can shop my Stampin'Up! website anytime 24/7 just CLICK HERE.  
That takes you to products, then go to SHOP NOW and look under embellishments.  
Or contact me to place an order, tam_morton@earthlink.net.


Check out how easy it was to color the jewels.
I learned to wait and color it after I placed it on the card.  First time I tried coloring I thought it would be great to color it while it was on the sheet (that way if I make a mistake it would not be on the card).  But when I moved the jewel to the card and pushed it down it smeared the color off, so I had to recolor it, and I had a red finger too.  Lesson learned!

First I stamped the snowman, punched him out, colored him and then using the 2-way glue pen I applied glue everywhere I wanted the glitter.  It was fun to dump it!


I used the Sizzix decorative strip, Northern Frost,  to make snowflakes.
I put 2-way glue on the snowflakes to make them sparkle too.
Place a Rhinestone Jewel in the middle of the snowflake.  Did you know you can use your scissors to pick up the jewel and place it so you do not loose the glue off the back, works great.



Colored the jewel with the Sharpie marker.  See above how it does not show up that well.  But now...


Look at that!
And now for the final card.  I love this quick cheap way to make my jewels any color I want to match my cards!


Supplies:  A Cute Christmas stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog
Baja Breeze, Garden Green, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White card stock.
Ink and Markers:  Baja Breeze, Garden Green, Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black.
Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Sizzix Big Shot and Decorative Strip Norther Frost, Jewels-Basic Rhinestones, 2-way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals.

There is still time to plan your holiday projects, contact me for ideas on your holiday crafting plans!
Order Supplies online anytime!  CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.

Happy Stamping!
~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...